Job description Overview
The Social Media & Marketing Intern will possess a strong knowledge of the digital media landscape and be adept at all aspects of traditional marketing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to our website redesign, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, engaging in online forums, participating in online outreach and promotion and optimizing our website and conducting keyword analysis. The ideal applicant will be comfortable with proofreading and editing copy, be comfortable with marketing and design and enjoy the process of pulling projects together.
The position has a pay rate of $10-$15 an hour that is commensurate with experience. This is a part time position that reports to the business owner The scope of the project is through the duration of the first quarter of 2017. Paid hours will be approximately 5-8 hours per week. Those looking to gain valuable online media and traditional marketing experience are encouraged to apply.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with project team to create and implement campaigns.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis for varied business lines.
- Monitor analytics with project team to identify viable ideas.
- Create engaging blog and social media content.
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts.
- Provide support to our project team at live and online events.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns.
- Support the project team in daily administrative tasks.
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web).
- Help distribute marketing materials.
- Help organize community events.
- Manager and update company database and customer relationship management.
Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field. (Suggested but not a must)
- 2+ years’ experience in social media/marketing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook.
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly.
- Experience with content creation a plus, even if not professional.
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and LInkedIn
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
About Case of Bass
Hearkening to the days of ghetto blasters and boomboxes, Case of Bass is an upcycled party starter and a music lover’s dream. The Case of Bass team in Portland, OR breathes new life into vintage suitcases and abandoned speakers, creating one-of-a-kind portable sound systems. Committed to the tenets of sustainability, Case of Bass masterminds gather and refurbish valuable electronic components, rebuilding them into bespoke sound systems certain to garner attention. “The idea of people sharing their music everywhere they go has been lost with the rampant abuse of the earbud, Case of Bass wants to crush this habit,” said the Case of Bass creators. We are crushing on their vision and sound.